It's Cinco de Mayo!!! So you know what that means?! Good food and even better drinks! We have two special recipes for you today! Taco Cupcakes by life-in-the-lofthouse.com and Watermelon Margaritas by thepurplemixer.com!
(1 pound) Lean Ground Beef
(1 ounce) Packet Taco Seasoning
(2/3 cup) Water
(1 can) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
(2 cups) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(36) Wonton Wrappers
(1 cup) Of Your Favorite Taco Toppings
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning, water and black beans. Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
3. Spray 18 regular muffin cups with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.
4. Divide half of the meat mixture between muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the meat.
5. Repeat layers with another wonton wrapper, taco meat and cheese.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and wrappers are golden brown.
7. Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
Strawberry Margarita Popsicles
(5 cups) Seedless Watermelon (about 1/2 of a large watermelon)
(3/4 cup) Lime Juice
(1/2 cup) Sugar
(1/2 cup) Tequila
Margarita or other coarse salt
(10) 5-ounce Dixie cups
Short Popsicle sticks or craft spoons
1.Dissolve sugar in lime juice by microwaving for 30 seconds. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Strain ingredients through a mesh sieve to remove watermelon pulp. You will be left with about 5 cups (40 ounces) of Popsicle juice.
3. Divide Popsicle mixture between Dixie cups or Popsicle molds. Freeze for 2 hours.
4. If using Dixie cups, slice 3 slices of lime from the middle section; insert short Popsicle sticks into limes and then place on top of Popsicle mixture in mold.
5. Return to freezer and freeze overnight. Sprinkle with margarita salt before serving.
Side SASS: The Popsicles are only for our 21 and over SASS Dolls! However, the taco cupcakes are for everybody!